Children’s Centres provide a variety of advice and support for parents and carers by bringing together different agencies to offer a wide range of services to meet the needs of local families and give children the best start in life.
Whitworth Children’s Centre is a small friendly centre which provides integrated services for the Whitworth Community.
Children’s Centres are diverse places where we work with other professionals such as Health Visitors, Midwives, Citizens Advice Bureau, NHS, breastfeeding groups etc.
We have a variety of sessions available to you from pregnancy to school age. All our sessions are planned through the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) to give your child the best start in life and to enable them to learn through play.
- Who can attend Children’s Centres ?
- Children’s Centres are for anybody that cares for an under 5yr old. This can be parents, grandparents, childminders and other carers.
- Can I just turn up or do I have to book in advance?
- You can just turn up at the centre for most sessions, although booking is required for some sessions/services. We advise to ring the centre prior to be sure.
- Is childcare provided?
- Childcare is provided for some sessions at Whitworth Children’s Centre such as Adult Learning, but most of our sessions are family based so your children are your responsibility. There is no nursery on site at Whitworth Children’s Centre, although we can advise on childcare in the area.
- How much does it cost?
- To be sustainable we need some income so we ask for donations* of £1 per child for sessions and £2 for specialist services bought in such as Jo Jingles.
*Please note nobody will be turned away for not donating.
Please have a look at our ‘What’s on’ guide and if you would like any further information, please contact us on 01706 648747 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be pleased to answer any questions that you have.